21st Century Scholars
Requirements to Activate Your 21st Century Scholarship
In addition to steps all high school seniors should take to prepare for and apply to college (http://www.learnmoreindiana.org/), there are requirements ALL 21st Century Scholar Seniors must meet in order to be eligible to receive the 21st Century Scholarship:
- File a FAFSA by March 11, 2022
- Correct/update the FAFSA by May 15, 2022
- Earn a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale at the time of graduation
- Apply to an Eligible Indiana College during their senior year of high school
- Enroll as a full-time student in college
- Maintain Indiana Residency
- Review state financial aid requirements including the new College Credit Hour Completion Requirement
- Complete the Scholar Success program on ScholarTrack by June 30th to remain eligible for your Scholarship.
In 11th grade, your Scholar Success Program requirements will put you on the right track as you complete a college campus visit, take the ACT or SAT college entrance exam, and search for additional scholarships.
In 10th grade, you must complete a Career Interest Assessment that helps match your interests and skills with specific career fields, get workplace experience that will help you learn more about career fields and specific careers that interest you through job shadowing or an internship, and complete the Indiana College Costs Estimator which allows you to compare what you’ll pay to attend different Indiana colleges and universities.
In 9th grade, your Scholar Success Program requirements will put you on the right track as you create a high school Graduation Plan, participate in an extracurricular or service activity, and watch the Paying for College 101 video.
College Incentives Guide
It lists all incentives that colleges provide 21st Century Scholars, but for public and private institutions: