Founded in 1801 by President William Henry Harrison, Vincennes University has campuses in Vincennes, Jasper, Indianapolis, and Gibson, Indiana.
VU also provides education for many US military personnel and other online students, wherever they are located.
Vincennes University, Indiana’s first college, is the State’s premier transfer institution and leader in innovative career programming. The VU community ensures educational access, delivers proven associate and baccalaureate programs, and offers cultural opportunities and community services in a diverse, student-centered, collegiate environment. The Vincennes University Mission Statement was revised in 2005 by a committee which gathered input from the VU community as well as examining the roles of the University.
Vincennes University is a premier learning institution, widely recognized for leadership in innovation and delivery of successful educational experiences. A broad range of program offerings and a commitment to superior service ensure the University’s role as an important link in Indiana’s economic and cultural vitality. VU is a diverse community whose members all share responsibility for supporting the University mission and are respected for their contributions.
The members of the Vincennes University Community value:
- Personal growth and academic excellence for our students, faculty, and staff.
- Collaborative relationships with our stakeholders and communities.
- An environment that encourages open dialogue and cooperation.
- Continuous improvement through data-informed planning and evaluation.
- Cultural enrichment, diversity, and individual freedom.