Click on the Link below - This is a short video which will help both parents and students read the PSAT score reports brought home!!
Sophomores & Juniors:
The PSAT/NMSQT is a program co-sponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). It is a standardized test that provides practice for the SAT. It also gives students a chance to enter NMSC scholarship programs and gain access to college and career planning tools.
The PSAT/NMSQT measures:
- Critical reading skills
- Math problem-solving skills
- Writing skills
The Department of Education is now recommending that all Sophomores AND Juniors take the PSAT. This will better prepare Juniors for the SAT. This year at Frankfort High School the test will be administered to ALL Sophomore and Junior students free of cost. The test will take place in various locations at Frankfort High School during periods 1, 2, and 3. Students taking the test will be excused from class, but are responsible for any work they may miss in the event their classes are not traditional sophomore or junior classes.
Advantages of taking the PSAT/NMSQT are:
- Receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses relating to skills necessary for college study
- Discover areas that could most benefit from additional study or practice
- Compare your performance on a college admissions test to scores of others applying to college
- Enter the competition for scholarships from NMSC
- Please note: only Juniors taking the PSAT qualify to enter the NMSC
Preparation for the SAT: You can become familiar with the kinds of questions and the exact directions you will see on the SAT
Receive information from colleges when you check “yes” to Student Search Services